Pinsight Media is a mobile data analytics company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sprint. Our mission is to help connect brands with their mobile audience through analytics, advertising and commerce. At Pinsight, we harness the power of mobile insights to help brands discover new audiences, reveal new market opportunities, and engage consumers in ways that matter. It all starts with our people. We live by a set of cultural imperatives, challenging one another to think exponentially and make every day count. We make mobile data matter. If you want to be a part of this forward-looking business opportunity, Pinsight Media is where you need to be.
May design and/or develop processes and systems to analyze high volume, diverse "big data" sources using advanced mathematical, statistical, querying, and reporting methods. Uses predictive analytics techniques and inductive statistical analysis to predict outcomes and behaviors. Interacts with business partners to identify questions for data analysis and experiments. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and or prepares output from analysis and experiments to business partners. Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to create machine intelligence models.
The ideal Data Scientist candidate will have the following skill and experience:
• One year of experience working with R, Java, Python, Spark or other open source software with data science libraries
• Three years experience in advanced math and statistics
• Familiarity with command line linux environments
• Experience deploying machine learning models and measuring their impact
• One years experience working with Hadoop, a NoSQL Database or other big data infrastructure
• Two years experience actively engaged in data science or some other research-oriented position
• Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
• Two years experience working with R, Java, Python, SAS, SPSS or other predictive modeling tools
• Two years experience in advanced math and statistics
• Master's Degree or PhD in Math, Statistics or related field
• Two years experience working with Hadoop, a NoSQL Database or other big data infrastructure