Software Engineer - Web
Since June 2005, Bats has positioned itself in the securities industry as a leading market center delivering speed, performance, and innovation to its member base, which is comprised of hundreds of Wall Street’s most recognized names. The industry and technology professionals that make up the Bats team are focused on keeping innovation and competition alive in the securities markets. Because our employees and investors come from the industry, we are well positioned to help make the securities markets a better place to do business.
We produce tools to run some of the world’s largest stock and options exchanges. We build websites that handle millions of requests per day, presenting high-quality market data to our members and the investing public. We operate at the tip of the spear, maintaining the primary interface for command and control of Bats markets worldwide. We are aggressive, yet agile. We care about user experience. We care about code quality. We care about testing. We care about automation.
We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
* Experience developing and deploying high-performance, data-driven websites
* Experience with MVC web frameworks (Django preferred)
* Experience with Python or experience in another language with a strong desire to learn Python
* Familiarity with modern web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3
* Experience with Linux or UNIX-like systems
* Experience with Apache, PostgreSQL, or ExtJS is a plus
* Experience with Python unit testing and full-stack web testing is a plus
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred