Software Quality Engineer
Since June 2005, BATS has positioned itself in the securities industry as a leading market center delivering speed, performance, and innovation to its member base, which is comprised of hundreds of Wall Street’s most recognized names. The industry and technology professionals that make up the BATS team are focused on keeping innovation and competition alive in the securities markets. Because our employees and investors come from the industry, we are well positioned to help make the securities markets a better place to do business.
The primary responsibility of the Software Quality Engineer is to develop automated test cases, to evaluate and analyze new functionality and to improve our proprietary automated test framework. The role will work directly with the software engineering team to test and validate new features, identify and report issues discovered, and recommend opportunities for improvement by collecting and analyzing test data.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
• At least three years QA experience is required, with recent and demonstrable experience creating automated test cases and working with test frameworks.
• Strong experience in object-oriented design and programming techniques. Our preference is someone with Python development experience or working knowledge of other dynamic scripting languages.
• SQL experience (PostgreSQL or other variety) is necessary.
• Familiarity with multiple hardware/software development environments including Linux and
MS Windows variants.
• Experience in the financial markets is a plus.